Just a few of my favourite things:
- Nike+ trainers, especially Lunarlon soles: I have Lunarflys, Lunarglides and Lunaracers
- Nike workout gear, Lululemon if I’m feeling flush, H&M when I’m not
- ToeToe and Wright socks
- Ron Hill waterproof running jackets
Geek Stuff I love:
- Technology. I’m a gadget geek!
- Social Media – it’s my addiction 🙂
- Nike+ GPS watch
- NRC and NTC Apps
- My Fitness Pal for logging my food and exercise every day
- Does Disney’s Frozen count? I love that too…….
Favourite Foods (this will end up a loooong list!):
- Total Greek Yoghurt
- Fresh Berries
- High5 gels and Zero hydration tablets
- Pukka teas
- San Pellegrino water
- Graze boxes
- Chia and Flax seed
- Alpro unsweetened soya milk
- Muller coconut Greek yoghurt
- Nakd bars
- Fresh seafood, especially scallops, squat lobster and langoustines
- Brussel Sprouts. Seriously. I love these!
- Metcalfe’s cinnamon popcorn
- Tyrell’s jalapeño and sour cream popcorn
- Craft gins, craft beers, very dry white wine and Champagne…
- Pizza. Life would not be complete without pizza!
7 thoughts on “My Favourite Things….”
Hi I just dropped by to catch up with what you have been up to and just had to say how much I love those trainers 🙂 I must confess that my main sports where swimming and karate which I did for over ten years. However when I was at school I was approached to represent the school at a County athletics taster day. The idea was to select someone from each school to go along and compete in a number of track and field events alongside club athletes to see how we got on. I was so competitive that I put my name down for everything. Having pushed my self in everything I tried it came to 1500 meters, I had never ran that far before and I just ran and ran until I passed out on the final lap 🙂 Though I didn’t shine as the best in any of the sports at the end of the day my sheer determination impressed the coaches. The head coach came over to me and said that he could not have been prouder of me due to my spirit, commitment and sheer determination. It was a great day and one I will always remember.
I am so inspired by people like yourself who have the will and determination to train to improve so keep on RUNNING 🙂
Thanks for dropping by, Charlotte! You sound like the kind of person who is determined to succeed in whatever you do! I must confess that at school I was so, so rubbish at PE that the teacher used to make sure I was never on her team! Eventually I persuaded the school to allow me to do Ancient Greek instead of PE! How times have changed 😀 I’m sure that you apply the exact same principles to your wonderful performances. 🙂
I try to 🙂 You have to make the most of everything that you can. I hate being told that I can’t do something, it makes me more determined to try harder. I may never be the best in everything I attempt but I have a really great time in the process.
All the best and thank you for your support, it really does mean a lot to connect with like minded people 🙂
This is creepy… you have just summarised both the content of my kitchen cupboard and running gadgets… If my running shoes weren’t different (I love Asics), I’d start to contemplate the possibility that you are, in fact, my long lost twin…
Ha ha! That’s so amazing! We do seem to be very like-minded 😉 You know what they say about great minds…
I haven’t run in Asics, I’ve always stuck with Nikes. I quite fancy a change, though!
I should add that I swapped to Asics about 2 years ago. Before that I wore… you guessed it… Nike. 😉 Should we try to go for a run together in 2014 perhaps?
That’s so amazing! Yip, we’ll definitely have to arrange that! 😀